I hope you enjoy reading this blog post. If you want to know the admission procedure, click here.
Growing up, we learn numerous skills that establish the course for your life ahead. The ability to read, being without a doubt, is one of the most important and groundbreaking skills. Reading broadens boundless prospects that can help hoist your character in endless ways. English books for children are one of the ways to open learning avenues for them.
Reading unquestionably is a skill that, if absorbed, can help your child explore the world. Reading also empowers human thoughts to decipher underlined words to understand the complexities of feelings and intelligence. With an abundant influx of information, one cannot undermine the importance of reading. Classic children’s books by age can guide your child’s mind to think judiciously and help with the development of their cognitive attributes. Instilling reading habits by offering English books for children can help amp up your parenting game too.
Reading is an immersive experience that can direct your brain to think more rationally and help you with the development of your core personality traits. Reading habits can enormously shape individual personalities by extending an array of benefits. When you give your kids books to read, you gift them a bouquet of benefits, including:
- Improves vocabulary and language Skills
- Boosts communication skills
- Sharpens thought process
- Improves judgment
- Increases focus
- Promotes cognitive development
- Encourages emotional intelligence and intellect
- Motivates you in the pursuit of learning
Books for children
Books for kids are examples of insightful storytelling that weave imaginative experiences for your child. Reading books not only nourishes the tender minds of your kids but also helps them discover things sitting right in the confines of your room, across their study table. Ranging from an array of themes, kids’ books come in varied forms. The powerful storytelling depicted in picture books, graphic novellas, fantasy fiction, folklore, cultural touchstones, family reads is bound to capture the attention of your child. English books for kids that include classics like harry potter books have the timeless quality of opening-up your child to an imaginative world.
Books for children are an effective way to give your child healthy entertainment. It is the best way to savour your time as you bond with your child. Books are entertaining beyond descriptions owing to their colourful themes and memorable illustrations. English books for children are replete with fictive descriptions, amazing storytelling, simple language, great moral lessons, and an abundance of knowledge. These can be easily passed around in your friend circle. Such English books for children are an amazing way to boost your child’s grip on the English language. Books for children to read online can transform your child’s learning experience by integrating captions, videos, and flashcards. Here are the top 20 must-read books for children by age. Have a look!
Classic Children’s Books by Age
Parents can choose books for children by adhering to their reading levels. This will assist your child by giving a boost to their learning curve. Books for kids can come in different genres and themes. For your assistance, we have curated a list of classic children’s books by age that every child must-read.
At this age, while your child is not capable of reading, you must read to your child to expand his emotional and intellectual abilities.
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown: A book that is formed of short 2-3 word sentences that help growing children to learn the basic words of the English language. It is a great book for preschoolers to help them learn several words and things around them.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle: The book is formed by a repetition of words and teaches children about the life cycle of a caterpillar and how it metamorphoses into a butterfly.
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack: The book is a powerful illustration of a child’s experience of a snowy day.
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson: The book is an imaginative story about a boy.
- Noddy by Enid Blyton: Classic Children’s book with large fonts and illustrations around a character called Noddy.
As children start writing at this age, this is the best time to inculcate the habit of reading in them. You can also encourage your child to write a few sentences from the books. However, do not push your child into reading, read with them, and read for them to broaden their imagination.
- The Complete Tales & Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh: The book is an illustrated collection of stories, poems weaved around the famous cartoon character Winnie The Pooh.
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams: One of the most-read English books for children with powerful and emotional storytelling around a rabbit.
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein: It is one of the most recommended English books to read for children. The book is a tale between a boy and an apple tree and gives life learning lessons to readers.
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll: A simple senseless plot that describes the marvellous creatures and journey of Alice down a rabbit hole.
- Panchtantra Tales: The English adaptation of the Hindi Panchatantra tales is one of the must-read books for children to foster emotional intelligence and empathy while learning valuable life lessons.
As your child starts getting a hold of reading and writing, reading at this age can promote better communication skills, introduce them to vocabulary, nurture emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl: A classic entertainment book for children that tells the story of a boy called Charlie and his adventures to Willi Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.
- Stuart Little by E.L.B White: An adventurous tale of a mouse called Stuart. This book is an excellent bridge between chapter reads and novels, as it helps your child grasp the difference between the short chapter reads and novels like Harry Potter books.
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White: The story echoes the message of love penned around a pig’s life.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling: First part of the Harry Potter books; it is a magical tale of a wizard kid that is likely to expand your child’s imaginations.
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 1 By C.S. Lewis: An amazing fantasy book based on Christian themes.
This is the best time to introduce your kids to novels and stories that can help your master the art of reading and writing. As your child gains awareness and enters their teenage years, books can have a far-reaching impact on the development of their core personality traits.
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien: It’s one of the best books for ten years old. Laced with exquisite imaginative details, The Hobbit is an adventurous journey of the central character called Bilbo Baggins.
- Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling: The series follows the journey of the wizard kid, Harry Potter.
- Famous Five by Enid Blyton: One of the best books for children’s age between 9-12. It’s a series of adventure novels based on five kids.
- Secret Seven by Enid Blyton: A series of fiction books on young detectives.
- Malgudi Days by R.K. Narayanan: A collection of short stories revolving around the village of Malgudi.